Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kid update.....

Both boys are busy playing ball. In fact life couldn't be any busier these days. I'm looking forward to some downtime this summer, although with All Stars and swimming class I'm not sure it will be as relaxing as I hope.

Dennis made honor roll again. He had all A's and one B and continues to "shine" in all subject areas according to his teacher.

Billy is s-l-o-w-l-y learning his letters. He would rather play dress up or play outside but little by little he is taking an interest in learning. Ms. Val watched him yesterday and taught him how to write his name! I almost fainted when she showed me! Dennis said we should hire her to tutor Billy. :)

Dennis and I have made a point to have some adult time recenlty. We had date night over the weekend and then yesterday went to the Diamondbacks Opening Day. It was a blast and it's so good to get out without the boys every once in a while. In two weeks we're going to the Spring Gala at Billy's school and then a couple weeks later we're going to the Janes Addicition concert!! Good times!!

Below is a poem Dennis wrote for poetry week at school. He gave me permission to share it here. :)
Me
By Dennis Strieter
Sporty, competitive, active, strong
I am an athlete as Larry Fitzgerald
Amusing, humorous, witty, antic
I am like a comedian in Las Vegas
Intelligent, clever, keen, acute
I am like Albert Einstein
The best kid in the world

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea where he gets his self-image.

Melissa said...

What healthy, self-confident boys you are raising! Good job, Mommy!