Saturday, July 5, 2008

Just checking in............

We're here! The drive over was just about perfect! Both boys were great in the car and we missed all of the LA traffic. Of course it didn't hurt that the new SUV is decked out with DVD players!
On Thursday we shopped for the July 4Th party and went to the Santa Barbara Zoo! I took a ton of pic's and the weather was perfect. We even shared an "adults only" meal at the local sushi bar while the kids were playing with the nanny.
On Friday we watched at parade in Motecito which was a lot of fun and lunched a a pizza place on the beach. Friday night was a big success with the Bernstein annual July 4Th party. There were about 45 people eating BBQ and drinking beer. What more could you ask for? I attempted my first firework shots and was surprised that some came out decent. Shooting in pitch black with a flashlight is harder than it looks! Several families camped out in the backyard and Dennis and Dennis spent the night outside in a tent too. However, Billy and I were happily sleeping inside in our nice warm beds!
As many of you may know there is a huge fire burning about 10 minutes away from the Bernstein house. We are not in danger of evacuation but the smoke and ash is crazy. Yesterday, there was ash falling from the sky like snow in the winter. Luckily, it seems to be moving away from us. I got a few pic's of the smokey sky and red sun that I'll post once I upload the photos.
This morning the party was still going strong and we woke up to blueberry and apple cinnamon pancakes.......Yummy!!!
This afternoon we shopped and ate on State Street and then caught the Wall-e movie. Billy was a monster during the movie so I didn't enjoy it as much as I wished but it was a cute flick. All the kids crashed early tonight since they had such a busy night last night which is why I'm able to provide an update.
I hope you all had a nice holiday. I'm especially sad to report that mom is very ill with shingles so a special shout out to her! I hope you are feeling better very soon!
Bye for now.....I think we are going to the beach tomorrow! :)

No comments: