Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Beach time baby!










Woo hoo!!!! San Diego here we come! I'm SO ready to get out of the heat! I think we got spoiled with the California weather while in Santa Barbara! Oh, I would LOVE to stay in California during the HOT Arizona Summers!!!

The Black Sox were invited to play in the United States Travel Ball Association (USTBA) World Series. Opening day starts the tournament with skills contests and a BBQ, then four days of baseball! What a great way to spend a week away!

During our down time, we kept plenty busy with all the typical tourist activities. We stayed on Mission Bay so we were close to everything. We were able to spend 1/2 a day at Sea world and we were moved by the dolphin and Shamu shows! I forgot how much fun Sea World was!! Dennis even bought me a cute stuffed penguin that is too cute! We also made our way to Luigi's pizza on Mission Beach and rode the rides at Belmont Park.

We also got to spend some time with the Hickerson, Dean, and Carassco Families! It was great to see our Californian friends!

Although the Black Sox were unable to bring home the gold it was a great trip! And for an extra bonus we got to meet and take a photo with Gonzo (Luis Gonzalez.) I think I liked him more than the boys and YES I have a signed ball by him too!

Check out the slide show above for a glimpse into the week and here are a few from our time together as family.

No comments: